02 June 2012

"Yesterday, all my troubles..."

FIVE for FRIDAY


1. Saturday
Damn! POPEYE would be proud! The BEST EVER crop of spinach to come out of our garden.


2. Sunday
At some point when I was enjoying the company of my guests, the recipient of this "thank you" was enjoying his surprise -- according to sources who commissioned the piece.

3. Monday
It's 1965. Sally Draper went to see the Beatles at Shea Stadium. And I am done with my Netflix streaming of MAD MEN Seasons one through four. Life returns to normal for awhile. At least until Five and Six are made available.

4. Wednesday
I noticed many visits ago, at this print shop in Rockland, MA, a Fender Guitar calendar on the wall. It just so happened while I was on a press check today I saw that the Jazz Bass --my bass-- was the featured guitar for the month of May. How appropriate for "music night."

5. Friday
Today is Marilyn Monroe's birthday-anniversary. There will be a show at Northfield Coffee & Books featuring some of my Marilyn (along with my McCartney) art. But many, many miles from Massachusetts in New Mexico at the Liza Williams Gallery hangs another piece of Marilyn art. That famous Blonde with the King in "Red Truck."

kslatts logo

No comments: