17 March 2013

"When are you free to take some tea with me?"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
Here's a bit o' trivia for ya as you're suckin' down green beer today: in 1905, on Saint Patrick's Day, Eleanor Roosevelt married Franklin Roosevelt. And though you can't go there today (because it's closed on Sundays), Northfield Coffee and Books has this portrait I did of Eleanor hanging on their wall.
(It's all part of this show that will be up for another couple weeks).

So, tomorrow when you're nursing that green-beer hangover, head over to Northfield Coffee and Books for a great cup of coffee and check out "Eleanor." It's a rather unique portrait in my collection as it's one of the very few that were rendered with colored pencil and ball-point pen (though I am thinking of reviving that combination for finish illustrations of my next graphic-novel magazine).

ENJOY!

kslatts logo

No comments: