24 January 2013

"Lying here and staring at the ceiling..."

ONCE UPON A TIME
Before technology caught up in the way of laptops and required us to work between approvals of print forms at a press check, I didn't spend this down time reading the many magazines in the customer lounge but rather doing ink sketches like this one of EDITH WHARTON. One of my early Live-Journal blog writer-friends like Jo or Cindy or Anne Marie or Debbi or Kelly may have mentioned Edith in one of their posts. Maybe they quoted her. Or maybe not. Maybe I just found a picture source and drew from that. And as I often do, I Googled her and looked up her bio to see what interesting stuff might lie there. And even though I'm unfamiliar with her work. Never read anything she's written. I found out she liked to "write in bed." I thought that was kinda interesting and figured if I ever did a more complete portrait, I would do one where she was "writing in bed." Today is Edith Wharton's 151st birthday anniversary.

Happy Birthday, Edith!

kslatts logo

No comments: