15 December 2012

"Your Mother should know..."

JUST ABOUT A YEAR AGO
I asked my LIVE-JOURNAL friends to weigh in on two closing lines to the project I was working on titled "SAINT RINGO."

I ended up tabling the project to work on
"A PLACE I DON'T BELONG."

Similarly, I just tabled another "in-progress" project for a story I shared with my mother at one of our weekly dinners. I wouldn't necessarily use her as a sounding board for creative projects I'm working on (well,... for one, I think she would be a little bias being "MOM" and all) But I sort of wanted her OK to use a reference to the day my father died. Anyhow, she was OK with that and liked the story's premise.

I've often read amongst the writers' posts on LIVE-JOURNAL, if you can tell your story in a quick couple of sentences -- or as they say "an elevator answer" -- you're on the right track. Well, my description to mom was a lot longer than one or two sentences but when I went to re-cap the evening I was able to sum it as such: The young ARTIST discovers CREATIVITY targeted towards AUTHORITY can have MONSTROUS results.

Its working title is
"FRANKENSTEIN meets SISTER MARY SHELLEY"

kslatts logo

No comments: