23 October 2012

"Here's another clue for you all..."

When you make an EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) image from a page in Quark XPress and the image is "missing" the results are a pixelated image.

That's what happened when I accidentally over-rode a folder that I thought was the most up-to-date. The colored image of the waitress "whispering into the Poet's ear..." as shown here disappeared! But I rather liked the pixelated version and tried to find a place for it in my "...PLACE I DON'T BELONG" magazine.

I put it on the cover but it didn't stay. It was buried on the back cover instead as you can see (or barely see) in the image below.

Another image of the WAITRESS (the one shown above) was also among those that got pixelated. This one found a home as a ghosted image on page 10 behind the text call-out where the POET questions his recollection of the events that occurred that night "on the town."

kslatts logo

6 comments:

Barbara Etlin said...

The walrus is...Jack?

I wondered about that cover change. But I have to say I like the new one better!

slatts said...

Thanks, Barb! Yes, I like the new cover much better, too. I found myself fascinated with the "rattiness" of the pixelated images. But as my friend and art director pointed out, potential customers may not.

I've updated this posts since you commented so you may want to check to see where I did place another pixelated image in a much more tasteful and appropriate location.

Bruce Kahn said...

there is software to recover apparently "deleted" info...
Sometimes it actually works...

Barbara Etlin said...

Yes, that pixelated image works very well!

slatts said...

I didn't know that, Bruce. What's it called?

slatts said...

Thanks, Barb! Yes, I'm pleased how that one came out. It's clearly pixelated yet clearly The BLONDE MOVIE STAR.