26 October 2012

"I've got nothing to say but 'It's OK!'"

I always use lines from Beatles' songs for my post (and today's no exception) but I can see using two others for this one:
"Knock down the old gray wall..." ~Badfinger

"You've got to move, you've got to move..."
~The Rolling Stones

A week ago or so, I brought my camera to work and snapped off this pic of one of my cubicle walls...

It doesn't look like that anymore. All packed in boxes ready for the move.

A little bit of "history" here. This close up of Walter Mitty's accordion player (and more!) Jim Reilly is the corner edge of a poster promoting the last "big tent" ARTSfest in 2010. There's almost a half dozen earlier years' posters underneath this.

Here's a piece of serious history -- a birthday "card" mocked up as a CD. Look at the song list:
I AM THE SLATS MAN
(A nod to my beatlemania)
J.D. & ME
(Everyone knows how much I love Jack Daniel's)
I HEAR IT'S MY BIRTHDAY
(Yet another beatlemania nod)
JUST ANOTHER COAT OF PAINT
(It seems like every year I was painting my house. Guess my coworkers had heard enough bitchin'!
THE BLOCK ISLAND EXPERIENCE
(Oh, the adventures we had at the Jacques place!)
WHY CLOSE THE POOL? IT'S ONLY DECEMBER
(It seems this chore would get delayed and delayed every year until it seemed I'd need to break ice to close it!)
THE NTD SHUFFLE
BACK IN CRD

(These two songs reference the groups in the Art Department that I got transferred back and forth to)
1116(INSTRUMENTAL)
(Chris Rooks, the guy who designed this card is a big Van Halen fan -- the numbers as a song title nod)
NO HAIR MAN
(The photo is my last long hair shot. It must have been my 50th birthday when I cut it all off. And yes, another beatlemania nod)
WHAT IN THE?! WHO IN THE?! WHERE IN THE?! WHY IN THE?! WHAT IN THE?!
(Long before WTF became so popular, the Art Department had their own version as this song title illustrates)
SGT.PEPPER'S LONELY PART-CLB BAND
(At the time, my band was made up of "Part CLB" --the initials of the company I work for-- members. Now, it's ALL!)
JUST MY CANOE AND ME
(This is SOME TIME AGO when my canoe -- not my kayak -- was my water vehicle)

Man! that's some serious history!

Good bye, cubicle wall!

kslatts logo

No comments: